It is vital that hotels and accommodation are kept clean for guests and for those who are responsible for cleaning and maintaining hotels and guest rooms, there are a number of aspects to consider. Our range of professional cleaning products can help to remove dirt and bacteria from surfaces and floors quickly and effectively, allowing you to swiftly complete your housekeeping tasks with ease. Read up on our tips below to see how our StarPRO range can help with hotel cleaning.
- Before you start cleaning, make sure to empty bins, remove bedding and towels and anything left behind in the room, including empty bottles or any rubbish that may be lying around.
- Open windows and doors to air the room.
- Also make sure you are using a microfibre cloth as opposed to a terry cloth or polyester cloth as these create more dust.
- Aim to start cleaning the bedroom first rather than the bathroom to avoid any transfer of bacteria
Bedding and Laundry
Our commercial laundry detergent and laundry supplies are effective at cleaning fabrics in a hotel room, including bedding, blankets and towels.
Hotel bathrooms can also be cleaned with our range of washroom supplies and help to rid bathroom surfaces of grime and bacteria.
- Start by spraying the StarPRO Washroom Cleaner and Limescale Remover across surfaces, including porcelain, tiles and stainless steel.
- For stubborn staining, leave the solution for around 30 seconds then wipe the surfaces using a clean damp cloth and allow to air dry.
- If you are cleaning toilets, you can use the StarPRO Heavy Duty Toilet Descaler for effective germ killing. Apply under rim and around the bowl and leave for 2 minutes then flush the toilet.
- For shower doors, spray the StarPRO Window and Glass Cleaner onto the glass and wipe away using a soft cloth for a streak free finish.
- Our StarPRO Luxury Handwash can also be placed in hotel bathrooms to allow guests to hygienically wash their hands.
Dusting and Polishing Surfaces
There are a number of surfaces within a hotel or guest room that require regular cleaning. To clean plastic, painted or laminate surfaces, you can use our hard surface spray and furniture polish for effective cleaning.
- Start by removing any items from the surface.
- Next, spray the StarPRO Hard Surface Cleaner across the surfaces, then wipe away using a clean, dry cloth.
- For longer protection against dirt, spray the StarPRO Furniture Polish and Cleaner across surfaces and buff away using a clean, dry cloth.
- You can also clean smaller areas by spraying directly onto a cloth and wiping the surface clean.
- Also be aware of light fixtures and ceiling fans and remove any cobwebs or dust with a clean, dry dusting cloth.
Carpets and Floors
Hotel and guest house carpets and floors are also areas that should be regularly cleaned. Dirt can get trapped in carpets and stains can occur, but our professional cleaning products allow you to remove stains and dirt with ease. Bathroom floors also need to be mopped regularly to clean rooms hygienically clean.
- Begin by removing any dirt or debris from the area you are cleaning.
- Next, spray the StarPRO Carpet and Spot Remover over the stain and leave for around 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rub the stain, starting from the outside and working inwards using a damp sponge or cloth. Blot the area using a dry paper towel and allow to dry before vacuuming the carpet.
- For a more thorough carpet cleaning, use the StarPRO Carpet Extraction Shampoo to help remove further staining and dirt from carpets.
- For bathroom floors, mix 100ml of StarPRO Bactericidal Washroom Cleaner with 5 litres of water.
- Mop the floor, making sure to start from the far corner and working your way towards the door then leave to air dry.
Windows and Glass
From windows to mirrors, there are a number of glass surfaces within a hotel room that require thorough cleaning. Our window and glass cleaner is easy to use and leaves a clear, streak free finish.
- Start by dusting the surface using a clean, dry cloth.
- Next, spray the window, mirror or glass with the StarPRO Window and Glass Cleaner.
- Wipe the surface using a cloth. You can also clean glass and windows by spraying directly onto the cloth before wiping the surface.